If you live near Bennington, Vermont and you or a neighbor have a pool, nothing is more important than ensuring layers of protection including a pool fence are installed into your home. The concept of Layers of Protection originates with Life Saver Pool Fence, the Nation’s #1 pool fence manufacturer who, beyond providing physical pool safety barriers to keep children safe around pools, also recommended that layers including high locks on all doors, door alarms, adult supervision, infant swim instruction and other measures are taken by every parent and homeowner near pools.
Pool safety is very important around children, especially since many drownings take place within a few seconds, less than 25 seconds to be exact. To help keep children and pets safe, swimming pools that are in the ground, completely or partially, have to be enclosed by a pool fence. Outdoor spas and hot tubs must either come with their own fences or covers depending on how deep they go into the water.
Pool fences in Bennington, Vermont must be at least 4 feet high and be installed around the perimeter of a pool.
In addition to having a pool fence installed, how else can you ensure pool safety for your family?
Pool safety tips for children; never allow a child to swim alone or without adult supervision, always keep an eye on them when they are in the water, and don't forget your sunscreen.
The key to pool safety is to make sure that everyone who steps foot into your pool is safe from drowning!
Here's some helpful advice:
You should never let young kids go swimming by themselves because small bodies do not have enough power to stay afloat.
Here are a few important guidelines:
- To avoid experiencing suction injuries while swimming, make sure children stay away from drains and other openings that cause the water to pull in.
- Supervise children around the pool area, whether they are swimming or not.
- Make sure everyone in your household knows CPR in the event there is a swimming accident.
- When children go missing, the first place you should look is in your pool.
- Additionally, make sure your children learn to swim as early as an infant. Don’t wait until they are 7 or 8 years old to learn swimming instructions.
This is not a pool safety tip, but it’s important: Parents should take care of their children at all times while making sure that there isn't too much sun exposure either since it may cause a heatstroke which could lead to serious health problems later down the road.
Drowning is The Leading Cause of Death Among Children. Pool Fences Are The Solution.
Drowning is a serious public health problem that contributes to the death of 11 people each day in the United States. More children ages 1–4 die from drowning than any other cause except birth defects, and more infants under one year old drown compared with older children or adults. These are CDC statistics.
Why Install A Life Saver Pool Fence?
A life saver pool fence prevents children from entering the swimming area without adult supervision. This helps to lower drowning rates and increase safety around pools. Some its features include:
- A patented, virtually unbreakable solid core pole that is the strongest in the industry
- Textilene® mesh with Marine, QuadStitch™ borders. The mesh is unclimbable. It’s tensile strength rating of over 387 pounds per square inch makes it the strongest on the market anywhere.
- Multiple height options (from 3 ½ ft to 5 ft)
- Square an arched pool gates
- A wide selection of colors including the popular color Black (did you know black mesh is est. 87% transparent, providing the best view of your children from outside of the poool fenced area?
- Self-latching and self-closing gate options
- Pool fences are removable and easy to store. Easy to roll up in sections, though we recommend keeping them up year round.
- Limited lifetime warranty!
- Made in the USA!
- UV Resistant components
- Proven and tested
- Trained local pool fence installers
- Works for all types of pools including in ground pools
- Mesh safety fence can be used for pools, anywhere in the backyard, by garages, linnaes, on stepped landscaped areas etc.
The installation of a life saver pool fence from Safe Solutions of New England can help prevent many fatalities by preventing young kids who don't know how to swim yet, or adults that might be drunk or distracted, from accessing the deep end of your backyard swimming areas where they may fall in and drown.
This is especially important if you have guests with toddlers and young children playing and running around near the pool area. Parents may become distracted and forget to focus on watching their children.
Installing a pool fence will help keep your children and other people's children safe.
Pool Safety Products & Services in Bennington, Vermont
Our swimming pool fence installation services include:
- mesh pool fence installations
- removable pool fence installations
- seawall mesh fence
- self-closing, self-locking pool gates
- pool gates and accessories
Call For A Free Pool Safety Evaluation!
Life Saver Pool Fence Color Options
About Bennington, Vermont
With its plethora of shops and restaurants, a vibrant cultural scene with live equity theater, art galleries and museums that are just two blocks away from the beautiful downtown walking street; there's no better place to spend time in Bennington.
The bustling community is rich in history, illustrious architecture and hospitality that thrives on small town charm.
Population is approximately 15,764, according to the 2010 census. It is known as the 6th largest municipality in, and 3rd largest town in Vermont.
In addition, it is best known for the Bennington Battle Monument, which is the tallest structure in the state. It is also known for the Battle of Bennington, fought during the Revolutionary War.